Box Art
Welcome to RetroTracks
- Remember that awesome tune? We do too.
Home Search Music Systems Artists Forum
Forum

RetroTracks Forum - Some requests (Xenogears, Goemon N64, LOTR SNES)

Rookbom
Some requests (Xenogears, Goemon N64, LOTR SNES)
« posted: Mar 27th 2016, 1:55 pm, last edited: Mar 27th 2016, 1:56 pm »

First of all many thanks you took and are still taking the effort to do this. Greatly appreciated!

I'm really missing the Xenogears OST (PS1). I once had it on CD, but I sold it. I should never have done that. ;)

Also, it would be nice if you could add Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64). Mainly the title screen song is epic! It floats inside my head since childhood and it start to 'autplay' as soon as I think about anything Goemon related. GANBARE so GANBARE akiramenaide... ^_^

The last one for now is The Lord of the Rings (SNES). It has some very nice celtic tracks which I've liked since childhood.

Many thanks!
Enverex
(site admin)
RE: Some requests (Xenogears, Goemon N64, LOTR SNES)
« posted: Mar 27th 2016, 3:24 pm »

Done.

Lord of the Rings is a bit of a problem as apparently it's unrippable, so I recorded the theme and Hobbiton directly from inside the game. I can't find any mention of there being any other music in the game so let me know if there is.
Rookbom
« posted: Mar 28th 2016, 2:04 pm »

Thank you VERY much for you fast reply and adding the music on such a short notice.

LOTR on the SNES indeed has very few tracks if I remember correctly. There's the Title Theme and the Hobbiton Theme plays throughout most of the game. I never came far when I played it myself, but I remember the first dungeons in the game having another theme.

After some quick research it seems the dungeons theme is called 'Cave theme'.
The game also has themes called Wasteland, Ringwraith and a variation of Moria themes.

Source of this info: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL876FDDE7954E14B6

Off course I don't expect you to play this game through just to record the music. ;) The two tracks you added where the ones I was looking for. Thanks again!
Enverex
(site admin)
« posted: Mar 28th 2016, 2:27 pm »

Ah damn. I'll see if I can find cheats to skip to the different parts of the music. Unfortunately it's one of those games that doesn't have a music sound-test so there's no easy way of getting them from within the game.

Not sure why it's unrippable like most games, I assume it's coded in a weird fashion.

I'll look into the cheats / level skips. Let me know if you stumble over any first.
Pages
PREV
NEXT