Box Art
Welcome to RetroTracks
- Remember that awesome tune? We do too.
Home Search Music Systems Artists Forum
Forum

RetroTracks Forum - Site Rewrite

Enverex
(site admin)
Site Rewrite
« posted: Nov 26th 2015, 5:18 pm »

I've rewritten a significant portion of the site (in the backend, not the visual front-end design) so please excuse any random brokenness or "500" errors that pop up randomly whilst I've been working on it. The frontend will have had only minimal changes, this is mainly backend work to make everything tidier and less... naff.

On the front-end I've removed a lot of crap I was using (old Javascript bits and pieces) and written my own which has cut down on the amount of stuff your browser has to load when going to pages and when visiting the site initially, so that should also make everything faster.

EDIT: Also as I almost forgot, tracks now show their length next to the file size.

I've also removed the rubbish audio player and switched to the neater "in-browser" one (and removed the secondary player option) so it should work on virtually everything. I've tested it on Chrome, Firefox, IE11 and Chrome on Android and all worked perfectly.

If anyone notices anything broken, please let me know ASAP!

-- FURTHER EDITS --
1st December: Site rewrite complete. Also all artwork on the site should now be higher quality. This change is retroactive.
Enverex
(site admin)
Re: Site Rewrite
« posted: Dec 21st 2015, 2:55 pm »

Custom audio-player is now complete so it should look the same on all browser, but is still universal and should work on pretty much everything. Also fits the site theme better now. Yay.
Enverex
(site admin)
Re: Site Rewrite
« posted: Dec 17th 2015, 2:10 pm »

Further general rewrites and cleanup as well as some styling updates.

Mobile Music
One big update is that the music should now work well on phones. By that I mean when you play a track, your phone should realize this and you'll get play controls on the phone itself and on your lock screen. Pretty handy.

Search
I've rewritten the search part of the site now to be a crapload more robust. Previously you needed to type either the exact name or part of it, for example if you searched for "UN Squad" you wouldn't find "U.N. Squadron" because you missed the dots out between the U and N. Also words had to be in order so "Streets of" would find Streets of Rage, but "Street Rage" or "Rage Street" wouldn't. All these will now work as it searches for each word individually and punctuation is ignored making life a lot easier. "Squad UN" would work, "Rag Street" would work, etc.

Track Duration
This always felt like something that should be there, so now it is! All tracks now show their duration alongside their title and filesize.

Also a load of new content but that's nothing special.

Enjoy.
Pages
PREV
NEXT