Box Art
Welcome to RetroTracks
- Remember that awesome tune? We do too.
Home Search Music Systems Artists Forum
Forum

RetroTracks Forum - The greatest arcade games of all time....

stanwaka
The greatest arcade games of all time....
« posted: Oct 4th 2012, 2:01 pm »

Hi folks,
I've been lucky enough to get an old arcade cabinet which me and my mate are trying to restore. Would love to hear some of peoples favourite arcade games to see if I've missed any classics from the ones I've picked. So please list your games...
Enverex
(site admin)
Re: The greatest arcade games of all time....
« posted: Oct 17th 2012, 11:33 am »

Was "Battle Squadron" ever an arcade machine game? It seemed perfectly suited to it, so that's worth setting up if it was. Also the Outrun and Cruisin' series of games are ones I remember from "the day".
stanwaka
« posted: Oct 20th 2012, 5:41 pm »

Good choices, I do remember the Hang On cabinet with the bike that leaned that was pretty sweet. And the full size Afterburner cab that moved. Happy days  :D
MrSpudgun
« posted: Oct 25th 2012, 9:23 pm »

If you have any interest in scrolling beat-em-ups, may I recommend Metamorphic Force, by Konami, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, by Capcom. Both are great fun, are pretty ridiculous, and just exude that early nineties arcade feel.
If you need any convincing, then maybe the fact that you get to PUNCH DINOSAURS may help!
stanwaka
« posted: Oct 27th 2012, 4:53 pm »

Going to try Metamorphic Force, thats a new one to me  :) Love Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, that is a classic. Also got to play The Punisher this week on MAME and that was fantastic. Well worth a look
Pages
PREV
NEXT